• Here at UkuTabs I take the time to try contact the artists in the archive so I can ask for the permission to publish their tabs. If the artist cannot be reached directly (by email, facebook,…), I try to contact the recordlabel or manager. When an artist or recordlabel does not want ukulele tabs for their songs posted online they will be removed immediately and their decision will be respected. This way UkuTabs can be a 100% legal source for ukulele tabs and chords.
• Sometimes it is not possible to contact the artist (due to privacy reasons, etc…). When this occurs, the tabs/chords for the song(s) (is) are posted and will stay online until UkuTabs is contacted to remove them (see further below). In any case, we respect the choice of the owner of the song.
• The statement below can and should be applied to ALL song lyrics, chord progressions, tablatures, song titles, artist names, album titles and artwork, artist biographies, artist images and everything else related to the artist and song.
UkuTabs and everything related with UkuTabs does NOT own any rights about the content posted (i.e. song lyrics, chord progressions, tablatures, song titles, artist names, album titles and artwork, artist biographies, artist images and everything else related to the artist and song).
UkuTabs publishes everything under a Fair Use Policy for educational purposes only and is free for everyone to use. UkuTabs is created and maintained 100% voluntarily by one person.
UkuTabs aims to respect the intellectual property rights of others. On everything posted I reserve the right for the copyright owners to request their removal. UkuTabs does not post any tabs that are copied from tablature books and magazines. All chord progressions and tabs are personally created and are free to read.
Strumming Patterns are not posted because this is literally telling how to play a song and this is not allowed according to copyright law.
(1) If you believe that your work has been copied by UkuTabs in a way that constitutes infringement of your intellectual property; (2) if you feel uncomfortable with a particular part of the content posted on UkuTabs; (3) if you want something to be removed please do contact legal [at] ukutabs.com to get this resolved as soon as possible (include URL). A response and action is guaranteed within hours.
• Copyright Infringement Policy. DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) and how to report copyright infringement. It is UkuTabs’ policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
If you believe that your work has been used on the ukutabs.com site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please promptly notify us by sending an email to legal [at] ukutabs.com with the following information:
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or if there are multiple works, a representative list of the works.
- A description of the material that you claim is infringing and information sufficient to establish where it is located on the website. To accurately identify scores, you must reference the URL associated with that tablature, which can be found in the location or web address box in your browser.
- Your address, telephone number, and email address.